Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I used the wrong routing number on my return

I need help changing
1 Reply
New Member

I used the wrong routing number on my return

If you have not filed your taxes, you can change your direct deposit information by following the steps below:

  • Go to the File tab
  • Finish Step 1 Review your order
  • Proceed to Step 2 Your refund/payment Info
  • Verify that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked
  • At the bottom of the page, click Continue
  • Enter your new bank account information

If you have already filed your tax return, then you may be able to stop the direct deposit by contacting the IRS if the return has not yet been processed by the IRS system. To request this change and see if a check can be mailed to you, you may contact the IRS directly at 1-800-829-1040. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings