Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used my wire numbwr instead of deposit number will the deposit still go through?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CarolynB

I used my wire numbwr instead of deposit number will the deposit still go through?

HI,  banks have two separate routing numbers. One for wire transfers and one for ACH transfers. If you used your banks wire transfer number it will still go to your bank but the banks computer systems will not know where to put the money and there is a good chance they will reject it. Start by calling your bank and asking if they can intercept it. If your bank rejects it and it goes back to the IRS, the IRS will issue a paper check in 6-8 weeks. 

Mcruz1960

Will the bank still deposit my Money It has the correct routing number

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, but continue to read please....know that banks have two separate routing numbers. One for wire transfers and one for ACH transfers. If you used your banks wire transfer number it will still go to your bank but the banks computer systems will not know where to put the money and there is a good chance they will reject it. Start by calling your bank and asking if they can intercept it. If your bank rejects it and it goes back to the IRS, the IRS will issue a paper check in 6-8 weeks. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies