turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I updated an amended return.. how do I pay additional taxes

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
1 Reply
New Member

I updated an amended return.. how do I pay additional taxes

If you have already filed your tax return, you will mail your 1040-V/payment voucher and your check or money order. You do not need to include your tax return. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

If you are paying additional taxes owed with your amended tax return or Form 1040X, you will include a check or money order with your amended return when you file it.  

Amended return have to be printed and mailed in order to be filed, per the IRS regulations.  Three weeks after you have mailed your amended return you can track it by visiting the following link: Where is my Amended Return or by calling the toll-free telephone number 866-464-2050. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies