kjpeterson83

I think I might have amended my taxes and do not needed to. I have already filed. Can you help me?

Your tax return was “just filed” or accepted, but you went back to it and “amended” by adding or changing something and you “e-filed” the changes?

That is not how to amend your return.  If you changed anything on your “just-filed” or already accepted return, and then “e-filed” the changes, those changes went nowhere.

When you amend a return you need to be working from the return as it was originally, so restore those “changes” you made to the way your return was before you tried to “fix” it.

The way to amend your tax return is to wait for it to be fully processed and you have received your refund.  Then you can use a form called the 1040X to prepare an amended tax return to add a W-2, your student loan interest, a 1099R, or whatever else you originally forgot to include.  (or to change a dependent’s status, etc.)

Amend 2017

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed?...

Amend 2017

kjpeterson83

Yes my return was filed and accepted and then I went and made a change. I have since returned it to the way it was originally so I should be ok, correct?

Yes--now just wait until that original return is processed and then you can amend.