Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I talked to the irs

I finally figured out how to talk to a person at the irs. They said that returns are taking 10 weeks. So that leaves me with 2 more weeks. After I was directed to the Canada tt log in, all the calls I was receiving after that said DE CANADA. Which is really strange. But they said they have my return bc my tax account said they didn’t. She said it wasn’t anything TT did or I did. It is the irs being backed up and she was afraid to file her own taxes. So maybe soon we will come out of this. Also she said people who received unemployment they are recalculating the taxes they paid in and sending it back. To the persons who fall into the category of the new bill. I don’t fall in that category but she basically said everyone’s returns were flagged. Idk. 
So good news! Sort of!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I talked to the irs

I talked to the irs

If your transcripts said: Return not present for this account, then yes it means their are no issues your return is a unpostable 900 return and is sitting in the error resolution department in que waiting to be processed. Assuming once processed their are no errors, you will get your return 10 weeks from original federal receive date. Mine was received by the irs federal date 02/13th, My status changed to approved 04/08th  then I got a refund send date on 04/09th to be sent 04/14th no later received by 04/19th. Originally irs told me I would get my return latest by 04/27th. So keep checking wheres my refund for an update if you have 2 weeks left I imagine in a week yours will update. Goodluck

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies