Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ryamss64

I submitted my amended return 9 weeks ago. Still no status update. Should I resubmit? IRA states status will update within 3 weeks of sending.

Submitted 1040x for 2020 return in March. Still no update on the IRS website. Please, any information appreciated.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I submitted my amended return 9 weeks ago. Still no status update. Should I resubmit? IRA states status will update within 3 weeks of sending.

LOL ... amended returns in a normal tax year would take 4 months or more to process but this is NOT a normal year so expect it to take much longer like last year.   If you filed the amended return before the original return was fully processed then expect it to take a very long time.   DO NOT file another form. 

ryamss64

Thank you. That is kind of what I thought but I keep checking the IRS site. I submitted my regular return early and received the refund, no issues. But submitted/mailed the amended as soon as they started accepting them (March 25th?). Everything I have read is status update in 3 weeks, 16 weeks to process. Thank you, again!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies