mag55

I submitted Federal and State Taxes 4 days ago, why is the status still pending?

It has been taking longer lately, and some states can take up to a week.

Publius-of-Maryland

I submitted my Federal Sunday, 3/24/19 in the afternoon and as of this morning, 3/28/19, it's still pending. I have never experienced such a delay in my life to have it either accepted or rejected. Weird. I mailed the state so no similar issue there to report.
mag55

I also submitted on 3/24 (both Fed& MD State) ...both are still pending. Never had this long a delay
Publius-of-Maryland

An update here because others may be in the same situation: On 3/28/19, four days after my federal e-filing, I finally heard back: Rejected. The reason, apparently, was because I e-filed on a Sunday, 3/24/19, and set the earliest bank withdrawal date (I owed taxes) to that same Sunday. As far as I can remember the only restriction on the withdrawal date was that it could not be a day before the e-file day (and obviously not later than 4/15). This time around, when I opened TurboTax to find what the issue was, I got an alert when I re-did the review (I'm glad I jumped back to redo the review. When I opened TurboTax it jumped straight to attempt another e-filing): For the withdrawal date 1) Pick a business day AND 2) pick at least the day after the e-file. As far as I can tell this is new. I normally owe a payment and in more than ten years I never had a federal e-filing rejected due to the bank withdrawal date I picked. Given that I re-e-filed in the early hours of Friday, 3/29/19, this time around I picked Monday, 4/1/19 as the withdrawal date. The Treasury accepted the e-filing forty minutes after its transmission.