turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I shouldn't be owing money, I want to amend my return... I only work in college as a student employee also receiving college credit.

I shouldn't be owing money. I want to be able to receive refund back? I'm very confused on why I only get my paycheck monthly
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I shouldn't be owing money, I want to amend my return... I only work in college as a student employee also receiving college credit.

No one can see your tax return.  We do not know why you owe or how much you owe.   Did you enter income from a W-2  with federal and state tax withheld  ----   or did you enter income that was from self-employment on a 1099NEC?   Are you being claimed as someone else's dependent?

You do not "amend" your return unless it was already e-filed and processed with mistakes or missing information.   "Amending" is a process used only for already filed tax returns.  If you mean you just need to change something before you file the return----that is not amending.   

And....you are posting your question from a paid version of the software, online Deluxe, which is not free.  Is that what you are objecting to--paying for using TurboTax?  Or do you owe federal and/or state income tax and need to understand why you owe?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies