c2faces

I says the 2441 is deleted but it wont take my return stating it needs the information for a provider.

cameaf

Sometimes if Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses is entered in error or by mistake, it will not delete unless you complete the return in its entirety and then remove it. 

In order to remove the Child and Dependent Care Credit- Form 2441 from your return using TurboTax Free Edition:

You will first need to complete the form to delete it.

• Log in to your TurboTax Online account, 
  • Click Take me to my return
  • Click Federal Return< Deductions and Credits< Check for more tax breaks  
  • Click Skip to all tax breaks
  • Look for the You and Your Family section.  Click Update or Edit next to Child and Dependent Care 
  • At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2016? screen, click Yes
  • Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes
  • Click Continue.

Once completed, to delete the form:

• In the upper right hand corner, click My Account > Tools. A pop up box will appear. Click Delete a Form 
  • Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
  • Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted
  • Click Continue.

***Make sure the form is deleted by reviewing the Review Form List screen and confirming form 2441 is no longer on the list.