Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ghammes

I saved my 2023 tax using the mac version. When I came back to finish it now the program updated and then refused to to open. Says wrong tax year or other some issue.

I last saved the files in March.  The updates were done April 6th.  This happened on two of my kids return so I don't think the file is corrupt since it happened twice.  How can I recover from this?

Full message:
The tax document ... has the wrong tax year or some other issue that prevents us from opening it.  Please make sure you have the right file and try again.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I saved my 2023 tax using the mac version. When I came back to finish it now the program updated and then refused to to open. Says wrong tax year or other some issue.

Select your situation for tips to solve TurboTax Desktop for Mac issues.

Installation help

Updating help

I'm seeing TurboTax can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ghammes

Thanks for the tips but I have no problem opening the turbotax program.  The issue is it won't open the tax file.  I was able to open the file on a windows computer but still not able to on the mac.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies