turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recieved my state refund on thursday morningn, 2/14/19, and as of 2/16/19, my federal has gone into processing (EITC) should i be worried?

Im just curious, if i recieved my state, does that mean my federal should be good to go?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I recieved my state refund on thursday morningn, 2/14/19, and as of 2/16/19, my federal has gone into processing (EITC) should i be worried?

Your one of the lucky ones that have received a quick return for state. If you filed an accurate federal return then it should not be to much longer before you have that refund if your due one.

As far as the Federal return, here is the scoop from the IRS;

Why is my refund being held?

If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS cannot issue your refund before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC. Like previous years, some tax refunds may be held if there are questions about the tax return or the IRS needs more information.

When will I get my refund?

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Your one of the lucky ones that have received a quick return for state. If you filed an accurate federal return then it should not be to much longer before you have that refund if your due one.

As far as the Federal return, here is the scoop from the IRS;

Why is my refund being held?

If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS cannot issue your refund before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC. Like previous years, some tax refunds may be held if there are questions about the tax return or the IRS needs more information.

When will I get my refund?

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies