Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

@bwhisper24 hi can you please post the site you seen it on my mother in law got her date today and she does not have eitc

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Smh I don’t have a update niether I had the code since the 16th this crazy hopefully my money just come ...I Filed 1/29
Accepted 1/30
Still Processing Until 2/16 I got the 1541 code!
coryte

A lot of people must have got there ddd since it's been quit on here!! Too bad I didn't grrrr

Didnt get an update either. Super stressful. Never had anything like this happen. Filed 28th, accepted 28th, got the code on the 16th. Called and was told wait until the 27th but the lady wouldn't even look at my return. Just wish I knew. If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. People have been getting updates and ddds yet I'm over here with the same damn message. Mom of three, car needs new tire rod, van needs new power steering line and one paycheck doesnt cover half of my bills. I use my return to make ends meat through the year. I'd love to go buy a bunch if new stuff and go on trips like most do but I need that shit for bills and rent, just figures I'd be one of the ones that wont get a return until like June

Been trying like hell to stay optimistic but having no update today kinda threw that out the window lol
coryte

Well though maybe if be tonight but nope! Mine doesn't have the refund amount on the side anymore and still shows take action 1541 but no other code!

No update as we'll. Been seeing take action 1541 and if I have any queations call. But when I do no one there seems to know anything. They always ask " did you claim the child tax credit. I say yes and all they say back is oh well that could why. They necer look at anything and always say wait til the 27th.

Ppl that had code since Feb 9 got dates for Feb 27 and 28. I got code Feb 16 so I'm guessing we gotta wait a lil longer

Ok. My return was accepted Jan 18th. What I'm confuses about is why it says take action but doesnt say to call. Just say if I have queations call. So guess I'll be calling tomorrow first thing
coryte

I got that code Feb 9 and still no update I was told I'd have my refund by 27th but it still has no date I've called 2 times and both times they found nothing all I had were W2s so I'm not sure what's going on but this is crazy! It seems like no one knows what they are talking about because obviously something is holding it up I can't even see the refund amount now!
kimmiekai

I filed mine accepted on 1/22. Since beginning of February has had the take action code 1541 with nope help in calling IRS except for to say wait til 2/19 now it says wait til 2/27. My daughter filed her's with Jackson Hewitt and received a couple hundred dollars before Christmas received another portion after mid January just received the final amount on 2/22. I have been filing same taxes claiming same children every since 1991 and every other child I've had since then but am now going through this

This seems to be affecting So many people. And I figured with such an enormous amount of people affected, someone would know something. Yes, when I've called as we'll ive been told that they don't see anything wrong and that nothing has been sent out to me. They dont see anything on my account that would cause this other than the child tax credit. So I guess I'll be waiting to see. I hole to God it just shows up on the 17th. This is nucking fits...

@mbanton6 hey when did you receive the 1541 code as in whate date because it seems like the people who got the code early are getting DDD

I think it has to relate to how understaffed they were during the shutdown. The usual 80,000 employees assisting with returns was down to like 9,000 I think it was? I think that's why people are getting told they're under a 45 day review and others are just not updating yet. Hopefully now that there are more workers we will see some movement.

I wanna say a week or 2 after filing on man 18th. I got my state return with in 2 weeks. My federal hasnt changed in 12 years and now its being held by tgis 1541. And no one seems to kniw what hell its for or is.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies