duffie14424

I received a notice from the irs stating that they are removing the 2nd stimulus payment from my 2020 tax return because the dependent information was incorrect?

We have no dependents and did not receive our second stimulus payment
DanPaul02

Call the IRS and find out what you need to do.

That is just one of the list of generic reasons they give if they changed the Recovery rebate credit on line 30.  How much is on 1040 line 30?  Was it only 1,200 for the 2nd Stimulus payment?

If you claimed a missing stimulus payment on your return but the IRS took it off you have to ask the IRS. They think they already sent it to you. Maybe it went to an account you don't remember. Or you got a check or a card. It was probably easy to miss the debit card in the mail and think it was junk mail. They have to put a trace on it.

How to put a trace on a missing 1st or 2nd Stimulus payment.  IRS for Payment Issued but Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Not Received

See question F3 here, you can expand it to see how to put a trace on it.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2020-recovery-rebate-credit-topic-f-finding-the-first-and-second-econom...