Solved: I received a 21-INTEREST form for my savings account. How do I add that to my form?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a 21-INTEREST form for my savings account. How do I add that to my form?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a 21-INTEREST form for my savings account. How do I add that to my form?

You can enter your savings interest income as if you received a 1099-INT.

Once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here), select "Take Me To My Return" and type "1099-INT" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099-INT". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information

Alternatively, to enter this transaction in TurboTax Online (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab ("Personal" tab in TurboTax Home & Business)
  2. Next click on “Wages & Income” ("Personal Income" in TurboTax Home & Business)
  3. Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (jump to full list or see more income)
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Interest and Dividends”
  5. Choose “ Interest on 1099-INT” and select “start’
  6. Select "I'll type it in myself"
  7. Enter the name of the bank and the amount of interest in box 1

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can enter your savings interest income as if you received a 1099-INT.

Once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here), select "Take Me To My Return" and type "1099-INT" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099-INT". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information

Alternatively, to enter this transaction in TurboTax Online (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab ("Personal" tab in TurboTax Home & Business)
  2. Next click on “Wages & Income” ("Personal Income" in TurboTax Home & Business)
  3. Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (jump to full list or see more income)
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Interest and Dividends”
  5. Choose “ Interest on 1099-INT” and select “start’
  6. Select "I'll type it in myself"
  7. Enter the name of the bank and the amount of interest in box 1

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings