ccoonse12

I received a 1099c cancellation debt after I have already e filed and the it's has accepted. What do I do?

DanaB

If your return has been already accepted by the IRS, you will have to file an amended return (1040X) to include the form 1099C. But you might want to wait until your refund or payment is processed. The IRS will only accept amended returns via mail.

The 1040X form for 2018 hasn't been approved yet by IRS. Please, keep checking the following information on how to amend your return; it will be updated once the 2018 form is released:

DanaB

ccoonse12

So I can wait until after I have my refund and pay whatever taxes if any later?  
DanaB

Yes, you can do that.
ccoonse12

Okay! Thank you! I will wait to see what the IRS decided on the form first and go from there after I receive my refund. I won't be in trouble if I wait correct?
DanaB

As long as you file and pay any taxes due until April 15th you should be fine.
ccoonse12

Okay I have read there was a 3 year grace period but that may be incorrect.
DanaB

Yes, you can usually amend a return within 3 years, but if you owe taxes you will still incur interest during that time.