turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a 1099-c do I need to amend my return

1 Reply
New Member

I received a 1099-c do I need to amend my return

Yes. You will need to amend to add this information.  WAIT until you receive your refund and then follow the instructions below to Amend. 

Once you are in your amend return here is how to add the 1099-c

  1. Click on Federal Taxes   (Personal, in Home & Business product)
  2. Click on Wages & Income  (Personal Income, in Home & Business product)
  3. Click on I’ll choose what I work on
  4. Scroll down the Screen to Less Common Income
  5. Under the above area is Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C Click on Start or Update

Follow these steps to amend: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies