• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
134eufaula

I received a $1,000.00 tax refund check from the U.S. Treasury yesterday. Please tell my why this came at this time and what If anything I should do about my 2015 taxes.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SweetieJean
Level 15

I received a $1,000.00 tax refund check from the U.S. Treasury yesterday. Please tell my why this came at this time and what If anything I should do about my 2015 taxes.

The IRS will be sending you a letter about this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lisa995
Level 12

Did you file your 2015 tax return yet?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
134eufaula

Yes
Lisa995
Level 12

As SweetieJean answered below, if this amount isn't what you were expecting for a 2015 refund, IRS will be sending you an explanation letter in the next few weeks.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
134eufaula

We owed $3,419.00 to IRS for 2015 which we paid April 1, 2016.  We were not expecting a refund.  We have increased our estimated tax payments for 2016 and increased the withholding from my social security check to off set the higher tax due.  We are keeping the refund check until we hear from the IRS.
SweetieJean
Level 15

The IRS will be sending you a letter about this.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v