Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I receieved letter from irs letter 4883c . verify identity. i called and all went good. now they say up to 9 weeks before i get return ?

I verified my identity on 03/06/2017, after verifying i was told to wait 6-9 weeks for update and deposit. today is day #50 and week 7, and my status still says "We've received you tax return and it is being processed" I did claim EIC credits and I'm unsure if this is holding it up or not but this is ridiculous,. None of my information has changed from last years tax return so I don't know why I'm experiencing this hassle now....Is anyone else going through this?***

I receieved letter from irs letter 4883c . verify identity. i called and all went good. now they say up to 9 weeks before i get return ?

Just spoke to a rep she stated if it hasn't been released in 6 weeks then it will take the full 9 weeks to be released. This is bull dookey at it's best. They really should just do away with the IRS.
shebarne

I filed my tax returns on January 27th with earned income credit and child tax credit....I waited for the delay for February 15th to come and go and still nothing.  I checked the mail box on the 20th of February and to my surprise, verification letter.  I verified my identity on February 21st and was given the 9 week time frame.  Every day, religiously, I checked my status and every day it said the same thing, "still being processed".  From February 21st until April 27th, I checked my status every day and called at least once a week and was given the same information: "everything looks good and verified, we are still just waiting for the 9 week time frame".  Today, April 27th (almost 9 weeks to the day), I called again, this time I was told that there was still something missing and I had to call the verification number again with my letter.  I called the verification number, had to go through the verification again and was told that the original person that did my "verification" noted that I stated that I did not file for my tax returns in 2015...WRONG!!!  The nice guy at the IRS told me that he could not understand why the last guy put that on there because I verified, again, all my information.  Long story short, my identity has once again been verified and YES I get to wait another 9 weeks!!!!
oreamnos2007
Returning Member

Just wanted to shed a bit of hope on this particular subject. I filed 1-13-17, accepted 1-17-17, was starting to wonder as nothing had changed for a couple weeks, on 2-1-17 my WMR bar disappeared, so I thought I was nearing a refund deposit. WRONG! On 2-6-17 I received letter 4883C requiring me to call and verify ID, I was on hold for 50 minutes and was asked the questions Robert mentioned, very simple to answer if you have your W-2s, all told the call took 1 hour 20 minutes. The gal on the phone mentioned at the end it would be up to 9 additional weeks before I see a refund in my bank. All my hopes and dreams were crushed, I generally like to use my refund to buy toys for my hobbies (PC build, pickup upgrades, gaming accessories, etc.) and I had everything picked out lol but now I was totally crushed. Anyway, the impatient part of me made sure to check the status everyday, multiple times although I know it's pointless because it updates once a day at 3AM my time, so I checked it at 3:04 Saturday morning, this was 2-11-17, to my surprise my bar had reappeared and I had a refund date of 2-15-17. Granted, at the time of writing this I haven't received my refund, but hope has been restored and it looks like I will get my refund much earlier than I feared. Ultimately, I believe the cause for verification is a result of my online bank recently changing partner banks, and my routing/account numbers have changed since last year.

So, hopefully my story has inspired hope for those receiving this letter, I have been doing taxes with TurboTax for a few years now and have never had a problem or gotten a letter from the IRS, so I was a bit worried when handling the situation but everything seems to have worked out in the end.

Edit: I wanted to mention. I did not claim EITC or ACTC and had no code when my bar disappeared. I.e. no PATH or code number, it just said the same thing as before, but with no progress bar ("your tax return has been received and is being processed etc."). My tax return was just a run of the mill return from full-time employment.

Update: So, I have been checking the SBTPG website to see when they send my refund over to my bank (you can check that here https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login if you filed with TurboTax). My refund was sent on Tuesday morning (2-14-17) at around 5:30 AM to my bank, nothing in my account all day Tuesday, this morning (Wednesday 2-15-17) my refund was deposited into my account and available at around 3:30 AM and I am a happy camper. I hope anyone going through the nightmare of verification has as good of luck as I've had. Keep your heads up tax payers, it could get better. Good luck! 
emiabi2

We had identical experience. I was approved on Saturday for 15th  . Virtually identical. Usually it arrives even before that date. We will see. Nice to hear positive news . Best of luck.
2017me

What questions did they ask? I'm on hold waiting for a rep now as we speak I just got a letter today ,  I was accepted 1/25/17...
johnny92

my letter tells me to donothingit is dated feb 6th should i call or do nothing like letter says

Just personal info . They want to make sure it's u filing .

My letter says to call. Google your local tax advocate.  It's part of irs . U can speak directly with a person .
johnny92

my letter specifically says u do nothing it can take up to 60 days anyone elsae have this
2017me

I called yesterday the hold time was terrible and the questions was long. The lady released the hold on my refund and said I will have to wait also ugh I don't wanna wait . Has anyone got a date or there money tomorrow is the 15th. Congrats to those who did..

My deposit date is set for tomorrow. 15th .
2017me

Have you gotten your refund ?
oreamnos2007
Returning Member

Got mine, hope all you other 2-15-17'ers did too! Best of luck!
iswekowa

Oreamnos2007, you ID verified on 2/6 and got your refund? If so, congrats :), I ID verified on 2/6 and still no movement :( called to make sure no other letters mailed and nothung else is needed (yesterday) they told me still process and not to call back until the 9 weeks is up  (after 4/10).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies