Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owe federal taxes and i dont see it taken out of my account yet. can't locate a receipt or a document to confirm that i did everything correctly?

i completed the form friday and nothing has been taken out of my account yet. i need to make sure i filled everything out and got the right date.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

I owe federal taxes and i dont see it taken out of my account yet. can't locate a receipt or a document to confirm that i did everything correctly?

Please double-check what option you used to pay Federal Taxes and the date How do I review the federal refund method I chose after ...

Even though you may have designated that it come out on 3/26/2021, the IRS still may take time to charge your account. In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you actually file your return on Friday, and was it Accepted?  Unless you specified a certain payment date, it happens on the due date of the return.  In either case, it can take the IRS a few days to pull the payment.

Hi,  I did file and it was accepted. I was rushing through it and just wanted to double check that I did the payment correctly.

thanks

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It generally takes up to 21 days but the IRS has experienced significant delays because of COVID 19 issues. The refund may take longer than usual because of this.

Hi,  it’s not for a refund, it’s what I owe in Fed taxes.  I put the date of 3/26/2021 to take out taxes in my bank account and it wasn’t taken out.  I just want to know the status.  

Thanks, 

Mike

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Please double-check what option you used to pay Federal Taxes and the date How do I review the federal refund method I chose after ...

Even though you may have designated that it come out on 3/26/2021, the IRS still may take time to charge your account. In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537.

Thank you so much!! I see what I’m looking for!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies