If you have not e-filed yet:
To preview your 1040 form before filing, follow these steps:
- Sign in (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in.
- Select My Account near the top of your screen, and then Tools from the drop-down menu.
- Under Other helpful links... click View Tax Summary.
- Select Preview my 1040 near the top of your screen.
- Click Back near the top of your screen to exit the preview screen.
To preview all forms, schedules, and worksheets in your return before filing:
- From the My Account drop-down at the top, select Print Center.
- In the pop-up, click the first option (Print, save, or preview this year's return). If you haven't paid or registered yet, you'll be prompted to do so before you can view your full return.
If you have already e-filed:
To get a view/print a copy of your 2016 tax return after filing (including filing instructions - any forms that you need to mail will be on this page along with the mailing address:(
- Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
- Click the down-arrow next to My TurboTax
- Click on the My Tax Timeline
- Scroll toward the bottom of that screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Add a state (This is just a workaround - you are not really going to add a state - program window will spin/update).
- Click down-arrow next to My Account (top right, next to the Search box).
- Click on Print Center.
- Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.
- Under Choose your option:, select Forms filed with the government (shortest version w/filing instructions); Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets (w/filing instructions); or All forms (longest version).
- Click on View or print box.
- Pop up will ask if you want to Save file or Open in Adobe. (Filing instructions are on the first page.}
- When finished, Click on Tax Timeline to go back to original login screen.