Solved: I noticed on my returns, the routing number on my bank account is incorrect.

trmx927

I noticed on my returns, the routing number on my bank account is incorrect.

NatalieC

Once your return is e-filed and accepted then no changes can be made to the return, or your refund payment method. If it is rejected, then you can go back in and modify the refund payment method.

If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed, or the account name does not match the return name, it will be pulled back and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on the file as the mailing address on the return. 

If the return hasn't already posted to the IRS system, you can ask them to cancel the direct deposit and proceed directly to a paper check. You may call the IRS toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.

Below is a direct link to the IRS.gov website explaining how they handle wrong account information :

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

NatalieC