Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never received my 2nd stimulus, my return has already been processed but now I need to claim the 2nd one. How do I do it.

I need to ammend my return to claim the tax credit but have no idea how. The irs said we need to ammend it and do some 1044x or something for it but im not seeing anything for rebate
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I never received my 2nd stimulus, my return has already been processed but now I need to claim the 2nd one. How do I do it.

You do not need to amend your return.

If you made a mistake in reporting the amount of stimulus received, the IRS will identify the error and adjust your refund.

Please read the answer to question E1 of this IRS Q & A and this TurboTax Help topic.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So I'm confused with that because , I called the IRS (they said they mailed stimulus 2 but I never received it due to me moving addresses. They never fwd to the new ome) they told me they could see i hadn't cashed it or anything but only way to claim it was to amend my return and fill out something saying I didn't recieve it ? 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

It is possible the IRS will send your stimulus check now that they have your tax return that has allowed them to update your address and banking information if provided on it.

You can try the Get My Refund tool https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment and if you see a mention that says Need More Information, you can add your direct deposit information to allow the IRS to update their records there as well.

TurboTax has no authority to check on the status of your stimulus check or troubleshoot problems with it with the IRS. For privacy and security reasons, you are the only one who can do that. You can call the IRS at 1-800-919-9835 to check on the processing of your stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies