turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to fill out a 8962 but I can't get to the area I need to be at because I screwed up the process. I need to cancel my amendment and start over and how is that done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I need to fill out a 8962 but I can't get to the area I need to be at because I screwed up the process. I need to cancel my amendment and start over and how is that done?

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  Add a State 2018.JPG

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

1. In the left menu select Cancel amend.
  2. Select Yes, I want to cancel my amended return and Continue.

The program then should take you back to the Tax Home web page. 

Use this procedure for a Form 8962 requested by the IRS -

1. Sign into your account with the same login you used when you filed your 2018 return.
  2. When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  
  3. This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.
  4. Select the Federal tab
  5. Select the Health Insurance tab.
  6. Answer the questions about your health insurance which includes entering your 1095-A.
  7. Select Tax Tools (found on the left panel), then select Print Center below it.
  8. Choose Print, save, or preview this year’s return.
  9. Select View or print.
  10. Select Form 8962 and Form 1040 and print them.
  11. Send the following to the IRS address or FAX number given in your IRS letter:
  • Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit
  • Copy of your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
  • A copy of the IRS letter that you received.

Only if the refund or owed amount has changed: Also include your Form 1040

Thanks, I got through the fist part and canceled my amendment. But on the 2nd part I got to #6 and went through the health insurance but it never asked me for the 1095-A.  Says "That's all we need on your 2018 coverage.

After you have indicated that you had health care coverage in the Health Insurance section, the next screen lists plans where you would have received a Form 1095-A.  You must answer YES to the question stated on the screen Were you enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2018?  The following screen asks you to pick the plan you were enrolled in and one will specifically indicate for a Form 10895-A.  You will then need to go through entering the tax data from the Form 1095-A that you received.

Health Insurance 1095-A Yes.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies