turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I need to change the filing status on my return .

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

I need to change the filing status on my return .

You can change your filing status in the Personal Info Section of your return. TurboTax chooses the best filing status for you based on your answers to the questions. If you are trying to file as Head of Household, you will have to enter a dependent and answer the questions related to that person.

See the screenshots below for where to edit your information. Respond back here with which filing status you wish to change to for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies