msmcgary

I need to add something to my tax return

I need to add my boyfriend an son to my tax return but I have already e filed it can I fix it?

LinaJ2018

If you have e-filed, wait until your return is accepted or rejected by IRS / the state.

-If your return has been accepted- you cannot change the information. Instead, you have to amend a  return.   See instructions below.

-If your return is rejected, add your new information (along with anything else that needs to be corrected) and then re-submit your return.  See Fix a reject

IRS does not allow e-file for amendment,  you will need to submit the amendment forms with related supporting documents by mail. (Follow instructions through the step-by-step interview questions in the program)

If your original return generates a refund, you should wait until your original refund arrives before you file your amendment. You can cash your check, but you still should wait until your current tax return is resolved.  Note that if you see " Do Not File" watermark on your Form 1040-X, this means your original return is still pending.

To amend, click here:

[Edited 2/7/2017]

LinaJ2018

To amend, click here:

[Edited 2/7/2017]