Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

y7847653

I need my state return to be deposited to my bank account but turbotax didn't give me the option to put my bank information

Also make me paid a fee for my federal due even when I paying with my debit card
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I need my state return to be deposited to my bank account but turbotax didn't give me the option to put my bank information

In Forms mode, open the Info Wks (Info Worksheet) and scroll down to Direct Deposit which was Part V. on the 2021 worksheet.  Fill in the bank info.  Then go to the state module and do the same.  TT regularly fails to carry this info over from the previous year, so you have to fill it in manually.

With the ONLINE version the original poster was  posting from there is no FORMS mode so in the FILE tab STEP 2 all the options for refunds and balance dues are presented ... first for the feds and then the state.  If you have already efiled it is too late to make any changes.  

And if you choose to pay the balance due with a debit card (which processes like a Credit card)  there is a fee which is clearly posted ... direct debiting from your checking account is free but if you entered the debit card on that account it is NOT free.

pay with CC 1.jpgpay with CC 3.jpg

SAME THING IS ON THE IRS WEB SITE where the fees are actually a bit cheaper :

Pay with CC 2.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies