crystalcs24

I need help filing for amend since i was on unemploment

HelenC12

Do not file an amended tax return if you reported unemployment income and your income tax return was filed before the new $10,200 unemployment exclusion was enacted.

Per IRS: If you filed a tax return, the IRS will refigure your taxes using the excluded unemployment compensation amount and adjust your account accordingly. The IRS will send any refund amount directly to you.

However, you may need to amend your state income tax return. See Do I need to amend my state return to update my unemployment?

HelenC12