Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kevinandcherih
Returning Member

I mistakenly sent a payment with a 1040V before realizing that I didn't need to. How do I account for this while preparing my 2022 tax return via Turbo Tax Deluxe?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I mistakenly sent a payment with a 1040V before realizing that I didn't need to. How do I account for this while preparing my 2022 tax return via Turbo Tax Deluxe?

To clarify, was this a 1040V generated in your 2022 Turbo Tax return and you haven't filed your 2022 return yet? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kevinandcherih
Returning Member

The 1040V was generated from my 2021 return. I made one payment then saw that I did not need to. I'm completing by 2022 return and need to no how to account for this payment in Turbo Tax this year. Thanks.

You are describing  a 1040-ES not at 1040-V.

you made an estimated tax payment.

enter the amount under Estimated Tax Payments.

@kevinandcherih 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Ok!! This is easy to report. Go to federal>deductions and credits>estimate and other taxes paid>estimates. Go to federal estimated taxes for 2022. First screen asks if you made any estimated tax payments, say yes. Then enter the amount paid in the first box. You now receive credit for the amount paid on your 1040V. 

@kevinandcherih 

kevinandcherih
Returning Member

Thanks. You are correct and I found where to enter my payment. Tax return is now filed!

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved and your tax return has been filed.

@kevinandcherih 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies