Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhgreise

I mistakenly only input the information from one of my 1095-A forms, I received 2. Do i need to amend my return? it has already been accepted by the the IRS.

The 1095-A was for me and my wife, i went on Medicare in September. I didn't realize i had 2 forms and only input the information from the 2nd form from the last 3 months. The IRS accepted by return so i am not sure if need to amend it.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

I mistakenly only input the information from one of my 1095-A forms, I received 2. Do i need to amend my return? it has already been accepted by the the IRS.

If your return was accepted for filing, you don't need to amend it just for one missing Form 1095-A. However, if the missing form affects your balance due or refund, the IRS may send you a letter asking you to correct Form 8962, which is where the information on Forms 1095-A is reconciled to determine whether you owe tax or are due a refund because of the Premium Tax Credit.

To access the Form 1095-A section and update Form 8962, once you have confirmed that your return has been processed (refund received or payment processed):

• Click the button for Add a State; that will not add a state but will get you back into your tax return
  • Federal
  • Deductions and Credits
  • Medical
  • Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)

Fill in the information from the 1095-A and answer all of the questions.

Review your tax return, then go to Tax Tools, Print Center, and print your 2023 tax return as a pdf.  Find the Form 8962 in the pdf copy and print that form.  Then follow the directions from the IRS to mail or fax the 8962 along with a copy of the 1095-A and a copy of the letter from the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies