I mailed my taxes out about 2-3 months ago and sti...

lyric33

I mailed my taxes out about 2-3 months ago and still have not received them. Why is that?

MinhT1

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process is completely under the control of the IRS. The IRS says that most refunds would be issued within 21 days. But some returns need more processing and refunds will take longer, especially during these Covid-19 times when some IRS agents still work remotely.

Please read this IRS FAQ for more information.

This IRS document outlines IRS operations during Covid-19 times.

Please be patient, the situation will get better soon as some IRS agents are returning to their desks. You can check the status of your refund at this IRS web portal.

Lisac584

The short explanation is as follows:

IRS processing sites were closed due to Coronavirus. Some sites has since reopened but not fully operating. The call site  are operating now but half staffed. You may call [phone number removed] but it may take awhile longer to get your refund with interest.