turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mailed my taxes in, then relized i made an error, where do i go from here?

So I work a regular part-time job and run an LLC with a business partner on the side.
this last tax year I learned about 1099Misc for Contracted work and I thought this was the same form I was meant to use for me.

I realized that actually I needed to fill out a Schedule K-1 and this means I messed up my taxes.  but I regular mailed them in. At this point, it most likely has not reached the IRS, so, I have yet to hear back. That being said. where should I go from here?

Should I wait for my refund then file a 1040X? I got the TurboTax Home & Business edition.
Also as a side note, it's not a lot of money, either way, I just don't want to make a mistake when it comes to my business.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Okay, I did some extra study. sorry for the post.

I have to wait for them to accept or reject my taxes. let the whole thing process then just mail in my 1040X form along with all the Correct forms that are needed. This is not a problem and I feel better now. (also I learned I got 3 years to fix this which is a huge weight lifted off me)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Okay, I did some extra study. sorry for the post.

I have to wait for them to accept or reject my taxes. let the whole thing process then just mail in my 1040X form along with all the Correct forms that are needed. This is not a problem and I feel better now. (also I learned I got 3 years to fix this which is a huge weight lifted off me)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies