Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EMC66

I mailed 2021 & 2022 returns separately, waited 10wks, IRS didn't get them. Sent them again USPS tracking shows delivered 5/13/24. IRS got 2021 but not 2022. Now what?

The 1st time I sent them in separate 9 x 12 envelopes with 4 forever stamps each (only 3 were needed).  After 10 weeks, I sent them again separately via Priority Mail.  USPS tracking confirms they were delivered 5/13/2024.  It is now 7/8/2024 and IRS website shows they received 2021 but not 2022.  When I call IRS I can't get to a live person.  Should I send it again Express Overnight, Certified Mail, Return Receipt, Signature Required?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I mailed 2021 & 2022 returns separately, waited 10wks, IRS didn't get them. Sent them again USPS tracking shows delivered 5/13/24. IRS got 2021 but not 2022. Now what?

No---do not mail it again.  Not yet.    Be more patient.  When you mail a tax return it takes at least four weeks--sometimes longer-- for a human to open your envelope and enter the information into the system.   You know they have one of them and it is showing up in the system.  Give it a few more weeks and check to see if the other one shows up on the IRS refund site.  Mailing multiple returns for the same year could cause confusion and delays.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
EMC66

Thank you for your reply.  

I thought I was patient, lol.  I waited 10 weeks after sending them the first time before sending them again via Priority mail.   It's now been and additional 8 weeks.  The lesson I've learned is to e-file asap and not wait a couple years to mail them when I need the money 🙄

Kind regards,

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies