champlin-rose

I made a mistake

how do i fix a mistake? I forgot to click that someone claims me!
Heather14

I made a mistake

If you have filed your return you will need to wait until your return has been either accepted or rejected.  Once you know the status of your return, you can follow the set of instructions below to address your issue.

If you filed your return and it was rejected: To change the issue so that your return will be accepted, you will need to go in to correct your rejected return. Then, you will go back into your return (following the fix a rejected return instructions) and find your name in the Personal Info section. Click to edit beside your name. On the following screen near the bottom, you will find the area to click that you can be claimed as a dependent by someone else. I will attach a screenshot of that area, so you are better able to locate it.  

To correct a rejected return, please see the following TurboTax FAQ:

If you have already filed your return, and it was accepted: You will need to amend your return, once it has been accepted and any refund due has been paid out.  Then, you will go back into your return (following the amend instructions) and find your name in the Personal Info section. Click to edit beside your name. On the following screen near the bottom, you will find the area to click that you can be claimed as a dependent by someone else. I will attach a screenshot of that area, so you are better able to locate it.