Solved: I made a mistake in amending my 2017 tax return. i need to send my tax return without being amended. how do I get the amended tag off my tax return?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firedaddy28

I made a mistake in amending my 2017 tax return. i need to send my tax return without being amended. how do I get the amended tag off my tax return?

I have not mailed my 2017 tax return.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I made a mistake in amending my 2017 tax return. i need to send my tax return without being amended. how do I get the amended tag off my tax return?

You can delete the 1040x.

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

You can delete the 1040x.

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings