Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

00selene

I'm still waiting on my federal the $366 that I owed is already paid so now what when will I get a date

Is paid already
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I'm still waiting on my federal the $366 that I owed is already paid so now what when will I get a date

If you had a payment due on your federal tax return, you do not also get a refund. It's one or the other. If you paid the amount that you owed, you are finished. There is nothing to get a date for.

On your Form 1040 there will either be a refund on line 35a or an amount you owe on line 37.

A date for what?  What did you pay?    If you had a tax due you are not getting a refund.

00selene

My state refund was $366 and my federal is $18000 and they took the $366 cause I owed it but what about my federal it my getting anything back on my federal refund

00selene

On my form 1040 I do have a refund

00selene

On line 35a I do have a refund on 37 I dont 

@00selene  wrote:

My state refund was $366 and my federal is $18000 and they took the $366 cause I owed it but what about my federal it my getting anything back on my federal refund

"they took the $366"

Who are the "they" that took your state refund--the IRS or your state tax agency?   Did you owe a previous debt to the state, the IRS, or other government agency so there was an offset against your state refund?

Only the IRS can know what all they are doing with your Federal return.  To check on your Federal refund, what is shown for the status of your Federal return when you use the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

Is it "still being processed"?  Is there any other message there?

If you need/want to phone the IRS for more info, we can tell you how to reach a live IRS agent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies