Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm so annoyed - They E-filed my federal return, but I already did myself through credit karma 3 months ago! How do I cancel the return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm so annoyed - They E-filed my federal return, but I already did myself through credit karma 3 months ago! How do I cancel the return?

Only you can efile a return.  Who efiled your federal?  If you already efiled somewhere else then the second time will reject.  Why are you using Turbo Tax if you already filed?

I used Credit Karma before realizing they wouldn't be able to do my state taxes there since I lived in two states in 2020. I've never filed state before as I moved from Texas to AZ. So I went to turbo tax to file my state and in order to do so, had to add some of the forms to the federal return portion. I only ever selected to file state because I knew I would need to print them instead of e-file because if I e-filed they would have me submit both. So I came back to fix a couple things and it says pending for my federal? What happens if I already submitted, and received my federal return? will they ignore it?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Your Federal return should reject as a duplicate.  Your state return may or may not go through.  If it does not, you will need to print it and mail it in.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies