Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tcshrout

I'm missing over 1/3 of my tax refund!

I filed my taxes almost 30 days ago and when I finally got my federal return yesterday, I only have $500 of my over $1700 refund. There is no explanation as to why I am missing my return. I have no debts, no student loans, no children. 

I have tried calling Turbotax and just keep getting told that there is nothing they can do, and then the IRS services that you call just keep saying (all automated, no actual people answer) that there's too many calls and to call again the next business day. 
It seems that this is on going issue with TPG withholding or not issuing refunds to people who chose the 21-day deposit and the filing fee out of the return. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Please wait for a letter from the IRS in 2-4 weeks.  They do not notify TT, but it might be related to the Stimulus and/or the Advanced Child Tax Credit.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not issue refunds.  Only the IRS can assist with this inquiry.  TPG only issues what is directed by the IRS.

TurboTax and TBG do not process returns.  Only the IRS can assist with this.  TurboTax is not notified of any adjustments to your return.  Privacy Laws prevents sharing information.

IRS will follow-up in a few weeks with a Notice of Explanation of Adjustments.  You will be able to see what adjustments were made and have an opportunity to appeal.

We see where most of these adjustments are from incorrect reporting of Stimulus payments or Advance Child Tax Credits not accounted for.

You can attempt to call the IRS, but it is filing season and staff is limited.

@tcshrout

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies