I let my ex claim my kids bc he worked more than I...

I let my ex claim my kids bc he worked more than I did and he got audited so he wasn’t able to claim the kids now that I am they are telling me that I need more proof that I provided for them and

Your post was cut off in mid-sentence.  What is the rest of your question?   And we need more information in order to give any help.  Is your ex the children's bio-father or step-father?  Or is he just your ex BF who is not related to the children?  Please explain.  And were you the custodial parent?  Who did the children live with?  Did you have income from working?   Did you get a letter from the IRS?  Is there a letter number or CP number on the letter?  What exactly does the letter say that the IRS wants from you?  (Please no personal information).

Anonymous
Not applicable

also how old are the children, are they students, did they live with you for more than 1/2 the year?