Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep receiving notifications about the deadline to file my taxes but I already filed last month and received my refund. How do I let TurboTax know I paid my taxes?

My grandfather helped me and we used TurboTax to file, he used my ID and debit card so I don't understand why it's different on my phone. Is it because they're different accounts?  I just know the Irs should be aware that I paid because like I said I received my refund in the mail. It was a stimulus check. So I'm not understanding why they're telling me to file when I already did it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I keep receiving notifications about the deadline to file my taxes but I already filed last month and received my refund. How do I let TurboTax know I paid my taxes?

If you have more than one TurboTax account, the other one is likely generating the "reminder" emails.  If you know that you filed, the return was accepted, and your return has been processed, then ignore those emails.

And...TurboTax never knows if you paid your tax due.  The IRS does not tell TT If you paid.  Your account will always show that you had tax due---which was the result of the return you prepared using the software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies