turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

elijah182

I keep getting a "needs review" before finishing my taxes, when I go through it and enter the information that it asks for nothing gets saved and I get sent back again.

I finished my federal taxes over a month ago but never finished my state taxes. Now I've gone back to do so, I've paid to have my state taxes filed but I keep getting a "needs review" error for my federal taxes. I am brought to a "Check this entry" page where I need to input my "principal business code" in two spots on the page... after filling it out I hit continue but I get sent back to the same page that says something needs review. This is very frustrating as I've already paid and am not being allowed to file my state taxes without fixing an issue that will now resolve.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
elijah182

I keep getting a "needs review" before finishing my taxes, when I go through it and enter the information that it asks for nothing gets saved and I get sent back again.

I meant to say the issue will not get resolved at the end there. I also wanted to clarify that I’m stuck in a loop where it’s saying the same thing needs to be reviewed after I make the appropriate correction. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please log completely out of TurboTax, then try clearing out your browser's cache stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the TurboTax FAQ's on how to clear your cache here. To learn how to delete your cookies, please see the TurboTax FAQ here. 

You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies