Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just received an email that my Schedule C is ready to go but I can't find on the website how to submit it. The IRS already accepted my return. What should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just received an email that my Schedule C is ready to go but I can't find on the website how to submit it. The IRS already accepted my return. What should I do?

It's not clear what your issue is. Your schedule C must be included with your tax return form 1040. If you filed your return without the information on the Schedule C, then you will have to amend the return that was already filed and accepted. You should wait until you receive a refund (if you are getting one) and then you can prepare, print, sign, and mail an amended (changed) return form 1040X to make the changes. Form 1040X is expected to be available in TurboTax on 2/14/19. Do not change your original return until you begin the amended return. Do not spend any of your refund because you will likely owe taxes on your amended return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It's not clear what your issue is. Your schedule C must be included with your tax return form 1040. If you filed your return without the information on the Schedule C, then you will have to amend the return that was already filed and accepted. You should wait until you receive a refund (if you are getting one) and then you can prepare, print, sign, and mail an amended (changed) return form 1040X to make the changes. Form 1040X is expected to be available in TurboTax on 2/14/19. Do not change your original return until you begin the amended return. Do not spend any of your refund because you will likely owe taxes on your amended return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies