Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just received an amended 1098 from RoundPoint mortgage regarding mortgage insurance premiums. Do I need to send a compete amended Fed & State to each or separate?

I just received an amended 1098 from RoundPoint mortgage regarding mortgage insurance premiums. Do I need to send a compete amended Fed & State to each or separate?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your AGI exceeds limits listed below; you don't need to amend at all. 

Once your adjusted gross income (AGI) exceeds $100,000 ($50,000 for married filing separately) the deduction is reduced

And the mortgage insurance deduction is eliminated once your AGI surpasses $109,000 ($54,500 if married filing separately). Also if you did not itemize on original return, it won’t make a difference. 

However, if you do need to amend your federal return and amending the federal didn't cause additional refund or tax due on your state, you don't have to amend the state or send them anything. In this case, you'd only amend federal and send to IRS to the address listed on federal filing instructions page that prints with amended return. If there are changes to state, send to address listed on filing instructions page for state. See Do I need to amend my state if I amend my federal?

How do I amend to claim mortgage insurance premiums (corrected Form 1098)?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your AGI exceeds limits listed below; you don't need to amend at all. 

Once your adjusted gross income (AGI) exceeds $100,000 ($50,000 for married filing separately) the deduction is reduced

And the mortgage insurance deduction is eliminated once your AGI surpasses $109,000 ($54,500 if married filing separately). Also if you did not itemize on original return, it won’t make a difference. 

However, if you do need to amend your federal return and amending the federal didn't cause additional refund or tax due on your state, you don't have to amend the state or send them anything. In this case, you'd only amend federal and send to IRS to the address listed on federal filing instructions page that prints with amended return. If there are changes to state, send to address listed on filing instructions page for state. See Do I need to amend my state if I amend my federal?

How do I amend to claim mortgage insurance premiums (corrected Form 1098)?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies