tryagain47

I just realized that i forgot to change my state tax exemption (from MD to NC) for 2017. Which state tax package should I download in Turbo Tax?

I forgot to change my federal annuity state tax exemption from Maryland to North Carolina. I moved to North Carolina in December 2016. Which state tax program should I download in Turbo Tax? If Maryland, how to I apply taxes for NC?

KatherineC

You will need to file two state returns. 

You will file a nonresident return for Maryland with no income so you can have your taxes withheld refunded to you.

Then you will need to file a resident tax return for North Carolina.

KatherineC