Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just got a 1099sa and a 5498sa in the mail but I already filed my tax return how do I add those into my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I just got a 1099sa and a 5498sa in the mail but I already filed my tax return how do I add those into my tax return?

You can't add them to your tax return, unless you e-file and the IRS rejects your return.  If that happens, then in addition to correcting whatever caused the return to be rejected, you can add your 1099-SA.  If you return has been or subsequently is accepted, then you will need to file an amended return.  Do not make any changes to your return, unless and until you amend it.  It needs to be exactly the same as it was filed when you amend.  The TurboTax amend feature is not yet available, but should be by the end of February.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

if you leave off SS ( line 6 ) IRS will probably notice and make the correction for you. You will get a smaller refund or a bill.

5498 does not go on your tax return.

@jeremyjustin2001 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies