Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have waited over 3 months for my return. Anyone know what the heck is going on? No communication from turbo tax or the irs. No notices, no letters, nothing.

Nobody seems to know anything. Radio silence.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I have waited over 3 months for my return. Anyone know what the heck is going on? No communication from turbo tax or the irs. No notices, no letters, nothing.

Also be sure that your return was successfully filed.   Did you efile?  If so, you need to be sure it was accepted.  When you log into Online TurboTax, the Tax Home should show you if the efile was accepted, rejected, etc.

If you filed by mail, then TurboTax does not do that for you.   If you chose that option, then you have to print, sign, and mail it.

If your efiled return was accepted, or if you mailed the return, you can use the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool that Bsch4477 left you above to see if there are any messages at the IRS site. 

If the IRS tool says it's been received and is still being processed, we can tell you how to phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about why it is delayed.

Thank you. Yes, I have checked where’s my return daily, called and waited on hold with the irs to get absolutely nowhere, and signed up for id.me. It says accepted but that is all. No letters, no notices. Also, I reached out to our governor’s office and have been assigned a case manager. She sent an inquiry to the IRS but hasn’t heard anything yet. That was 3 weeks ago. 

I check it daily. No movement since it was “accepted” on Febuary 13th. 3 months ago. 

Thank you. I check it daily. No update since it was “accepted”  3 months ago. I received my state return the same week. 

@jmmclean29 Try using this procedure to actually speak to an IRS agent - 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

This was really helpful. I was able to talk to someone who told me it looks like it was a glitch in their system and I have to wait now for up to 30 days to be sent to the advisory board. That could take up to 3 weeks from that point to hear from someone. There wasn’t anything she could do she said. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies