Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I have to change my bank account info on my state for direct deposit

I already received my federal and need to close my bank account and change it.
1 Reply
Level 5

I have to change my bank account info on my state for direct deposit

If you have already electronically filed the State return or if you filed the state at the same time you filed your federal, it is not possible to change your checking account or routing number information because it has already been processed.

What you can do:

  • Contact your State Department of Revenue to find out what steps are needed in order to receive your refund.
  • Keep your account open long enough for the state deposit to be received

This link provides contact information for you State Department of Revenue:

If your return is still in progress: 

  • Login to TurboTax Deluxe online
  • Once in your tax timeline, click the Take Me To My Return button in the center of the page
  • Click File (you must register your free account in order to enter/access direct deposit page)
  • Click the blue Start Here button next to First, review your order
  •  Answer the interview questions related to your State return. 
  • You will arrive at a screen asking for your bank account information; Change the account number information as needed.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings