If you have already electronically filed the State return or if you filed the state at the same time you filed your federal, it is not possible to change your checking account or routing number information because it has already been processed.
What you can do:
- Contact your State Department of Revenue to find out what steps are needed in order to receive your refund.
- Keep your account open long enough for the state deposit to be received
If your return is still in progress:
- Login to TurboTax Deluxe online
- Once in your tax timeline, click the Take Me To My Return button in the center of the page
- Click File (you must register your free account in order to enter/access direct deposit page)
- Click the blue Start Here button next to First, review your order
- Answer the interview questions related to your State return.
- You will arrive at a screen asking for your bank account information; Change the account number information as needed.