natvvtr

I have received a bill from the IRS due 7/26 for the original tax amount, when will my tax form be amended to account for the unemployement tax change?

Filed a 1040 before March 1. Originally owed money but now that the American Rescue Plan has been passed we do not have to pay taxes on the unemployment my husband received; should I amend my return or wait for the IRS to do it?

If you are sure you will not owe once the IRS corrects the return for the unemployment (which will happen sometime this summer) then you can either ignore the automated computer generated notice or  call the number on the notice and advise them of the situation and let the IRS tell you what to do.  

rjs

Do not file an amended return. The IRS will recalculate your tax return much sooner than your amended return would be processed. Just wait for the IRS to do it.