Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax-Questions

I have only foreign earned income (no W2!), cannot e-file my federal return and my NY state tax return must be e-filed. I cannot submit my returns via TurboTax online.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I have only foreign earned income (no W2!), cannot e-file my federal return and my NY state tax return must be e-filed. I cannot submit my returns via TurboTax online.

You will have to print and mail both returns.  Returns with no taxable income at the Federal level cannot be e-filed.  New York only has to be e-filed if it's possible to do that.  Your state return cannot be e-filed because you have no e-fileable Federal return.  you can print and file your state return without penalty.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

You will have to print and mail both returns.  Returns with no taxable income at the Federal level cannot be e-filed.  New York only has to be e-filed if it's possible to do that.  Your state return cannot be e-filed because you have no e-fileable Federal return.  you can print and file your state return without penalty.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.62m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v