turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mako254g

How do I confirm direct deposit info?

How do I double check the bank info for e-file?  i was never given a chance to review the acct & routing number.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

If you have not already filed: TurboTax will ask you for your direct deposit information under the File tab once you have completed and reviewed all of your tax information. To access or change your banking information in TurboTax Online you would go to the File section:

1. Select File in the upper right of the screen

2. Select  the blue "Start Here" button next to "First, review your order"

3. Answer the asked interview questions

4. You will arrive at a screen asking for your bank account information

If you have already filed: Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit. If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will just mail you a refund check.

And if the info you entered happens to be someone else's account, don't worry – banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where the names don't match up. You can contact your bank and alert them that you have made an error in the account number. 

You can review the direct deposit account information you entered by looking on your printed return. This will be found on your 1040 under the Refund section (look for line 76). 

Now, if your recently-filed return is in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, simply open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return (don't forget to also take care of whatever problem caused the rejection).
  • If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

in order to get my refund deposited into my bank account, do I need to sign a form too plus entering my info already?

What number to verify deposit

(removed)

why haven't I received my refund? its way over due. My status is processing how long the process take

what is processing exactly when its concerning your e-file taxes

my info is correct
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

If you have not already filed: TurboTax will ask you for your direct deposit information under the File tab once you have completed and reviewed all of your tax information. To access or change your banking information in TurboTax Online you would go to the File section:

1. Select File in the upper right of the screen

2. Select  the blue "Start Here" button next to "First, review your order"

3. Answer the asked interview questions

4. You will arrive at a screen asking for your bank account information

If you have already filed: Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit. If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will just mail you a refund check.

And if the info you entered happens to be someone else's account, don't worry – banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where the names don't match up. You can contact your bank and alert them that you have made an error in the account number. 

You can review the direct deposit account information you entered by looking on your printed return. This will be found on your 1040 under the Refund section (look for line 76). 

Now, if your recently-filed return is in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, simply open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return (don't forget to also take care of whatever problem caused the rejection).
  • If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail.
lishey45

IF YOU PUT DOWN THE RIGHT ACCOUNT NUMBER FROM H R BLOCK CARD BUT NOT THEIR BANK INFORMATION IS THAT A PROBLEM ON DEPOSITING INTO THE ACCOUNT

No I  didn't use H R Block. I asked for a net spend card and then turbo tax said that they used my last year file information to help fill  out my info.. Funny though I didn't do my taxes last year

I put an extrs number. .I just can't believe turbotax didn't see this when they "reviewed" my info for errors.  im so upset
213alonzo

So what do i due

i have not recieved y return itsbeen 2weeks

I opted for The Netspend VISA card but it never gave me the option to enter routing info.  In  turn, the computer sent me a Netspend VISA soon after I filed on TurboTax and the letter specified for tax returns, so I followed directions and activated the card. I am not understanding how the IRS knows where to deposit my money onto the particular Netspend  account.

I called the IRS. My refund was sent to my bank on April 27th. They have no record. How do I check the numbers? How do I get any level of help from you people!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies