Solved: I have entered wrong SSN for my child and filed ta...

I have entered wrong SSN for my child and filed tax. It is accepted by IRS. Should i amend my return?

If the return is accepted by the IRS, you will have to amend your return.

You will need to wait until it has been processed and you have received your refund or confirmation that any tax due was paid. (If you file an amended return while your first return is being processed, it can cause extended delays for both returns).

Amended returns can only be mailed. It is suggested that it be mailed certified with return receipt (or other tracking service) to verify that the IRS receives it.

You can check the status of the amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after mailing.

How do I track my amend status?

How do I track my amend status?